Monday, September 10, 2012

Delightful Decor

I'm finally getting the last of Landon's 1st birthday party posted!

Now its all about the baby Mickey Mouse decorations and activities.

First lets start with the Mickey Mouse party hats! I just got normal party hats and got black foam and then hot glued them on. There was one for every guest it was pretty funny to see the grandparents wearing them.

*Tip* To get rid of hot glue strings just use a blow dryer.
Not only were there party hats for every guest I made a craft table so everyone could decorate their own party hat. It was a huge hit among the kids and even a few of the adults had fun with it.
 One of my friends finished products.
Now lets talk centerpieces. 
I started with a square box and then I printed out baby Mickey Mouse designs from the web and I cut a bigger Mickey Mouse on this side to make it stand out a little bit more.



Then on this side it was just the size of the box and used ribbon to kind of clean up the edges. 
(I think I should have used something else but I didn't feel like going back to the store again.) 
 Then as a finishing touch I just added some baby Mickey Mouse balloons and some tissue paper. Nothing extravagant it was pretty cheap and simple. I'm also thinking of taking the paper off and using the boxes in the future so I don't just throw them away. 

Lastly I have the favor bags. I made Minnie Mouse colors for the girl bags and Mickey Mouse color for the boy bags and filled them with squirt guns because it was really hot and some bubbles and other fun crafts as well as some animal crackers.
Hope you enjoyed my party decorations! 

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment