Sunday, September 2, 2012

Tasty Treats

Sorry it's been awhile since my last post things got pretty hectic as my sons party drew near and then after the chaos still trying to get my house back to normal! Parties are really fun to plan and put every thing together but the cleaning up process... not so much. Any who I'm going to go ahead and show you some of the tasty treat I made with the help of my wonderful friends!


This was one of the first things we made and we crushed up Oreo's for the topping on top of some whipped topping then stuck mini Oreo's on tooth picks and used them as the ears. I forgot to take a picture of just one but you can kind of get the idea. They were super yummy! I used these instead of a big sheet cake. 

 I was originally going to make little Mickey Mouse head cheesecake pops and they were not cooperating so this is what I ended up with. Strawberry cheesecake pops dipped in blue chocolate and even though they didn't turn out how I wanted they still tasted really good!


 These were the biggest hit of the entire party! They were extremely sweet though so I should have made them smaller because they were huge. All we did was make a batch of rice crispies and dipped the top in blue chocolate! Super easy!

 While all of my other friends and I were decorating the sweets my amazing friend Lauren created this little master piece! A Mickey Mouse watermelon bowl!

My son's smash cake! None of us are that great at writing on cakes and it also started melting but he didn't care!

This was the table with all of the lunch stuff as well as some other munchies. 
(My house is currently under construction so don't mind the mess behind the table... lol)

Our make your own sandwich 3 tier display.

I will post all of the decorations and party activities in my next blog post! 


2 comments:

  1. Hey I was just wondering how did your friend make the mickey mouse watermelon bowl? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She printed out a black and white Mickey face and taped it to the watermelon then traced it using a pumpkin carving tool kit to mark the area she wanted to etch out and cut out. Also once you finish that cover it in saran wrap and refrigerate it to keep it from drying out if you do it a day or two before. Sorry I took so long to respond I haven't been on much. Hope it helps! =)

      Delete